Remote work arrangements, including telecommuting and working from satellite offices, have increased at nearly one-third of U.S. companies, according to a survey of chief financial officers released Wednesday.
• Keep remote workers informed on the latest news from their departments and the company using regular calls and in-person meetings in addition to email.
• Ensure that off-site employees have the necessary resources, including appropriate network access.
• Establish expectations and guidelines at the beginning, and monitor the arrangement and adjust as necessary.
• Establish and follow appropriate security protocols.
• Include remote workers in team activities and recognize their accomplishments in front of colleagues to ensure they feel connected to the group.
• Include remote employees on your workers compensation insurance policy
• If your remote employees are to meet with clients, consider adding remote locations and hired/non-owned auto insurance on your liability policy.