With their police personnel protecting the public, local cities and counties need to effectively manage risks associated with law enforcement activity. As part of an extensive program, our Public Sector Services has both law enforcement liability insurance coverage and the right risk control capabilities to assist.
Our law enforcement liability product provides coverage for bodily injury, personal injury or property damage that is caused by a wrongful act committed while conducting law enforcement activities or operations. Key features include:
- Coverage for authorized activities or operations (includes moonlighting if approved by law enforcement agency)
- Coverage for violation of civil rights protected under any federal, state or local law
- $25,000 additional payment per policy period for physical damage to personal property of others in your care, custody and control at time of arrest
- Coverage for liability arising out of providing first-aid during medical emergency
- Professional and premises coverage for jail operations
- Staff of risk control specialists, dedicated to servicing public entities
- “Fundamentals of Risk Management for Law Enforcement” conferences geared toward leadership and training officers
- Model law enforcement and jail policies and procedures
- On-site reviews and consultations of law enforcement operations and corrections facilities
- Workshops to help reduce distracted driving among law enforcement personnel
- Please contact me to discuss how we can work together to help local cities and counties manage all of their risks, including law enforcement liability.